Jamie~ Chewbacca
Well, I’ve always had a love of large creatures, especially in movies,
like Sully from Monsters Inc and Beast from Beauty and the Beast.
Chewbacca is a lot like them in that he’s a large furry creature. I
suppose this comes from my life long love of animals and always wanting a large animal to be my companion. However, Wookies are ten times better than a pet animal because they’re actually intelligent. There are other elements to why I like him as well; he was mysterious because I couldn't understand what he was saying but at the same time he was very expressive. He evoked emotion in me at many different times during the Trilogy. I suppose it’s a mixture of all these that made me really like Chewbacca. Plus, I really liked him before I had completely decided if I liked either Han or Luke! Lol
Chewbacca is a lot like them in that he’s a large furry creature. I
suppose this comes from my life long love of animals and always wanting a large animal to be my companion. However, Wookies are ten times better than a pet animal because they’re actually intelligent. There are other elements to why I like him as well; he was mysterious because I couldn't understand what he was saying but at the same time he was very expressive. He evoked emotion in me at many different times during the Trilogy. I suppose it’s a mixture of all these that made me really like Chewbacca. Plus, I really liked him before I had completely decided if I liked either Han or Luke! Lol
Chewbacca and Han are really good friends and seem to
understand each other really well. What do you think of Chewbacca’s
relationship with Han Solo?
I think it’s an amazing, very trusting relationship. The two obviouslyput their lives on the line for each other because they care about each other’s well being. I became a little envious of Han during my first viewing of the movies because I would love the companionship of an intelligent fuzzy friend like Chewbacca to watch my back. Their relationship throughout the trilogy is endearing and helped make different moments especially epic, like the carbonite scene.
Chewbacca is a pretty stubborn character, but he seems to
listen to Han Solo...pretty well. Do you think there are any other characters
in the Star Wars Saga he would obey in the face of danger?
I would say that by the end of the Trilogy, he would be quite trusting of Luke, Leia and maybe even Lando. But probably not anyone else.
Would you think of Chewbacca as a comic sidekick?
In some ways, yes. Part of the humor throughout the trilogy is seeing him and Han trying to work together in rough spots, and only hearing Han’s side of everything is often hilarious. That said, I think he’s also much more, but as a secondary character we don’t see too much more to him.
What are some of your favorite scenes with Chewbacca in the
Star Wars Saga?
Seeing him interact with everybody is neat.
Jamie's Bio...
My Bio: I’m Jamie. A
Star Wars and superhero fangirl. An animal squeezer. A thunder-loving puddle
splasher. A obsessive reader and
watcher of all things mystery (and a
die-hard Sherlockian). A book lover. A writer of short stories and funny
little novels. Oh, and I’m the author of this blog, Through Two Blue Eyes. Drop by sometime, eh?
I know that some of you were at Celebration VI, so you missed this. I am doing Character Interviews, so if you want to participate...
...you can send me an email (Princess Leia button on sidebar) with your favorite character. I will give you guys a week to notify me that you want to participate. Once you send me an email with your favorite character, I will reply within a couple days with some questions for you to answer! You can also include pictures of that character if you have any epic pictures you really love


Great questions, Chewie is definitely one of my favorite characters. I just wished that the prequels had a sidekick as likable as Chewie. Instead we just got annoyning Jar Jar.
ReplyDeleteAwesome answers Jamie. :D
-James
I know what you mean. Jar Jar is definitely an over the top character. O_O
DeleteChewbacca was always a likable character for me, of course. Like the man's best friend who will never cop out on you :)
ReplyDeleteGreat answers, Jamie, and great questions too!
Thanks! I spent a lot of time thinking about what to ask, so I'm glad you liked them. :)
DeleteI'm baaack! Finally! I checked our post out first out of all the ones on my dashboard!! Thanks again for having me on!!
ReplyDeleteAnd thanks James and Stilwater!
~Jamie
Yay! Glad your back! Your welcome!
Delete